Get Involved: Students
- Do you like to play with computer games?
- Are you a student with some street smarts?
- Do you know how you would
- Reduce global warming
- Protect a city from natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes
- Generate more efficient energy ... greener energy
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Build better schools
Your ideas can win prizes for your school and a trip for you to Washington DC to compete in the national competition. The winning team from the national competition gets a trip to the US Space Camp.
Sixth, seventh and eighth grade students are invited to compete in the DiscoverE Future City Competition. You'll be part of a school team and work with an engineer to design a city of the future on the computer using SimCity software. You'll also build a model and compete against teams from other N TX schools.